A friend offered us her version of a classic ratatouille.
We adopted immediately! We even did the double batch, to see lunch.
What a good decision! The week tasted good!
- 1 large onion
- 1 eggplant (we removed the skin, but go as you feel)
- 1/2 lbs of mushrooms (cut in half, we liked the texture)
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 zucchini
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Olive oil to taste (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 can of drained diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. organic vegetable seasoning
- Pepper salt to taste
- * 1 can of drained chickpeas
1- Cut into small dice (according to your patience) the vegetables.
2- In a large saucepan, brown the onion and eggplant in the oil. Add the garlic, continue cooking for 1 minute then reserve in a bowl.
3- In the same pan, brown the mushrooms then reserve them.
4- Again in the same pan, brown the peppers and zucchini.
5- Put everything back together, with the tomatoes. Add salt and pepper if desired. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
6- Add the chickpea cane towards the end of the cooking if you want a veggie full meal version.
Otherwise, it goes very well with fish or marinated chicken with vegetable seasonings;)